Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vortex Based Mathematics

Ever heard of Marko Rodin? Me either, until a week or two ago. Well, maybe that's not entirely true. Some time last year my stoner neighbor told me I needed to google 'Rodin coil'. He told a tale straight out of a science fiction movie. To hear him tell it, some guy had discovered a way to build a coil that did really strange shit. I forgot about it before I ever had a chance to google it. Fast forward to now. While googling stuff about magnet motors I saw something that reminded me of the rodin coil, so I looked it up. Needless to say, that's all it took to start me building my own coil to play with. But, this is not what really blew me away. What really got me was Marko's so called 'Vortex Based Mathematics', with which he makes some very very lofty claims. But, lots of people make lofty claims on the internet, especially when it comes to anything of this nature. However, the more I read the less this seemed like a con and the more it seemed like something very interesting, to say the least. Being very new to the subject of vortex based mathematics, I can't really lay it out to you like some can, but I'll try.

What is vortex based mathematics, why should I care and where's the other half of that joint?

I'm not exactly sure how to define something I barely understand. The best way I can describe it, is by calling it evidence. Just like evidence at a crime scene, vortex based mathematics is something left behind by a perpetrator. But, in this case, the perpetrator is the perpetrator of reality. I know how it sounds, but bear with me. You may call it God, you may call it the force, you may call it Ruth, whatever you want to call it. I've heard several people complain that the subject would be much more engaging and interesting without all the talk about God. The fact of the matter is this; you don't have to believe in God to fill in any gaps in this math. Like I said, call it whatever you want. If the talk about God offends you so much that you can't give this a serious look, then you have one of two problems. You're either a fool or you don't understand what you are seeing.

We can see that nature is very pattern oriented. From snowflakes to seashells to sound waves, they all have a symmetry, a harmony of perfect balance that only nature seems to have. Many'a soul have come and gone looking to describe this pattern mathematically. Rather than describe it, Marko seems to have unintentionally found a way to observe it within math, not with, but within. One of the shifts I had to make in my own thinking before this stuff began to get clearer was letting go of how I saw math. As a kid we only see numbers as things that represent some quantity of something. Perhaps later in life your chosen profession demands you learn a form of higher mathematics, you may even learn to see math as the only infallible thing, the universal truth of everything. That was me, math is the way to answer every question that ever was or ever will be. In the beginning I approached this the same way. I still feel that way, but you can't look at vortex based mathematics like this, because that's not the point. Rather than look at math as some way to analyze an event, look at it as something left behind by an event. It's not the numbers in and of themselves that are important, it's the relationships between them. Anybody who loves science will at some point see and desire to understand an abstract equation that supposedly proves some concept. These equations are generally full of symbols that represent some constant, like the speed of light, for example. Why? What does the speed of light have to do with measuring the energy contained in mass? It's not that the speed of light as a number is something special, its what it represents that makes the math work. In the case of the speed of light, it's a way for physicists to say 'the most energetic thing we know of'. It is, for all intents and purposes, the uppermost limit of energy that anything can have. This value is simply used to compare against other values. What you end up with, pretty much, is a ratio, a relationship between these values. What VBM does, in my very limited understanding, is let us see a relationship among numbers that could very well be the key to unlocking all of nature's secrets by letting us glimpse what could be 'the' pattern. I know, that's a helluva claim to make, but it has that potential, in my opnion. And that, is why you care. As for the other half of that joint, it's gone.

I won't rehash the teaching of VBM here, since it's brand new to me and there are much better sources to be found online. Not the least of which is From Marko's website. There is also a guy by the name of Randy Powell who put out a series of very informative videos on the subject, just go to YouTube and search for 'Randy Powell'. People like Marko and Randy and many others deserve all the admiration we can give them for the work they do and freely share. I'm a bigtime advocate of open sourced anything, and these guys have definetly given something to the world worth noticing.

Below is a pic of the coil I started. However, I've decided to abandon the 36 point design in favor the 'april wind' variant, supposedly based on the work that Randy Powell has done.


As of now, my test agenda is fairly straightforward. I'm more interested in high voltage testing than I am in high current testing. I plan on feeding several different wave forms of high voltage current at varying frequencies and in different configurations as far as which coil is energized and in which direction. I cant help but to think that there is some relationship here to what makes lifters work.

No comments:

Post a Comment